Monday, January 4, 2010

Mancub Sayings from the Road: Pt 1

I've compiled a list of some of the utterances, gnomic verses, observations, silliness, etc from our Christmas Roadie to Texas:

This is part one and in no special order:

1. "Dad, it smells like fish and gravy". Cade commenting on the El Paso air.
2. "Me". Jacob's response anytime you ask him his name.
3. "Why are we running again?" Matthew in full stride after we lit some fireworks in New Mexico.
4. "I need to pee-ah". Luke's announcement about every 20 minutes on the road.
5. "Why is the moon also the name for someone's butt?" Cade's question late the first night when we stopped in AZ and stared into space.
6. "I am not happy with you, dad". Luke's phrase every time I told him "no".
7. "Why can't you and mom sleep on the sofa bed?" Matthew's question at just about every Marriott.
8. "Train fall on (insert any of the following names: Mommy, Daddy, Matthew, Cade, Luke, Meme, Big Dad, Oma, Opa, Doggie) ____________'s head?" I respond with a "no" and he giggles.....Jacob's question every time he sees a train.
9. "Dad, I believe in Santa and Rudolf and all, but not the way this show says. There's no such thing as the Abominable Snowman". Matthew's comment during the Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer television special.

I'm finding laughter is one of the greatest gifts of all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just realizing that "Why are we running again?" can be applied to so many moments in life.

    - Bravo, Matt -

    ReplyDelete